The route of the old Bouctouche Railroad is designated as a local heritage site for its value with regards to the displacement of the village's institutional centre, and regarding the appearance of a business core surrounding the railroad, end of the 19th century.
Before the railroad came to Saint-Antoine, in 1887, the residential/institutional core was located where the local heritage area of the institutional centre of the Higho of Cocagne is situated.
Because the Saint-Antoine station was situated on where the north-west side of the Yvon Street and Renaud Road intersection is located today, many entrepreneurs built and operated their businesses along the railroad. This encouraged the community to get closer to the new commercial centre which we still commonly call "the corner". This explains why the institutions moved closer to this spot, at the end of the 19th century. Thanks to this major redevelopment in the village, Saint-Antoine experienced a revival and it has not stopped developing since.
The Bouctouche train made its last trip en 1964. Part of the route was made into a residential street.