Since the municipality of Saint-Antoine has no by-law or regulations concerning outdoor fires, citizens must respect the provincial guidelines. If you want to make a category 1 fire (see criterias below), you must ensure that burning is permitted by consulting www.gnb.ca/firewatch or by calling 1-866-458-8080 before starting your fire. Information is updated at 2 PM daily.
Category 1 Fire
• Three metres in diameter or smaller.
• Piles no more than two metres high.
• Burning within 60 metres of forestland.
• Multiple piles must be at least 10 metres apart.
• No more than four piles burning at one time.
• Must be attended at all times.
If you light a fire, you must make sure it is extinguished before leaving the area. You must have the landowner’s permission before igniting a fire on private land.
The category 2, 3 and 4 fires require permits and inspection by a Forest Services officer from Natural Resources. You need to call your local Natural Resources office in Richibucto at (506) 523-7600. Consult the Burning Permit brochure for the criterias of a category 2, 3 & 4 fire.