Garbage collection takes place every Wednesday morning. Your garbage must be placed by the side of the road no later than 6:30 am.
The Village of Saint-Antoine subscribes to the 3 Stream Program, therefore, the citizens are asked to separate their waste at home in three bags of different colors : green bag for organic waste, blue bag for recyclable waste and clear bag for everything else.
Garbage that has not been separated properly will not be picked up. For those who put their garbage bags in a plastic bin, make sure to only place the designated bag color for the collection of the week. Otherwise, your garbage could not get picked up.
The list and the collection calendar are available on the Kent Regional Service Commission website.
Special Garbage Collection
Collection of large items occurs twice a year, in May and October. This is the perfect opportunity for major housecleaning, as you can dispose of larger items you no longer need. Please note the following information:
Date of the next special garbage collection: Wednesday May 26th 2021
Time: The items must be placed at curbside before 6:30 am on collection day.
ACCEPTED GARBAGE: Household appliances, furniture, mattresses, wood, branches, brush, tired without rims (maximum of 4), yard waste, etc. and property cleaning such as bagged leafs, etc. *Except for big items, all waste should be in cardboard boxes, garbage bags or tied up in bundles and should not exceed 50lbs in weight and/or 4 feet in length.
NON-ACCEPTED GARBAGE: Construction waste, large trees, auto parts, snowmobiles, rocks, gravel, sand, manure, dead animals, hazardous waste (paint, solvents, etc.) will not be picked up.
- It is strongly recommended not to take out the items more than a week before the scheduled collection out of respect for the neighborhood and for safety reasons.
- With the exception of large items, all waste should be in cardboard boxes, transparent bags or tied in bundles and should not exceed 50 pounds (23 kg) and / or 1,20 metres (4 feet) in length.
- Opaque bags (black, dark green, orange, etc.) are no longer accepted even during the special garbage collection.
- Windows and mirrors must be broken in advance and placed in a box as a safety measure for collection workers.
- Objects intended for collection must be placed in a manner that does not endanger the safety of others (without nails, screws, sharp metal, etc.).
- Items in trailers or in the box of a truck will not be picked up.
In collaboration with Southeast Eco360, the Kent Regional Service Commission offers the Mobile Eco-Depot program. This free service allows residents of the Kent region to dispose of bulky, hazardous, construction and other types of waste at a location near them (up to a half-ton truck and utility trailer load). There will be a total of eight events per year in Kent County and citizens are welcome, not just to the ones closest to them or in their community.
- Appliances (limit of 1 of each type per client)
- Small household machinery (must be emptied of gas and oil)
- Construction, demolition and renovation waste
- Household hazardous waste
- Electronic waste
- Car and truck tires (limit of 8 per customer)
- Lobster traps (limit of 5 per customer)
- Brush, branches and yard waste (including Christmas trees)
- Glass, cardboard and paper
*No car parts, gas tanks, residential oil tanks, regular curbside waste or commercial waste.
A complete list and calendar are available on the Kent Regional Service Commission website.
Next Mobile Eco-Depot : Saturday July 10th from 9 am to 4 pm at the Cocagne Arena (19 Marina Road)